Wednesday, April 23, 2014

GSoC project accepted

I was accepted for the Google Summer of Code 2014. I'll be working for Haskell.org and my project will focus on improvements of Darcs version control system.

The project consists on several parts:
  1. Complete garbage collection for repositories.
  2. Bucketed global cache.
  3. Garbage collection of global cache.
  4. Investigate and implement darcs undo command.
  5. Investigate and implement darcs undelete command.
Here is a detailed description of my project proposal: http://darcs.net/GSoC/2014-Hashed-Files-And-Cache.

I'll try to give weekly updates of how my work is going, and let you know about the problems and solutions that I find in my way.

Thanks Haskell.org, thanks Darcs and last but not least thanks Google for giveng us this awesome opportunity.